The Hospital multiplies its health care passion by offering internship opportunities to national and international students in medicines, nursing, laboratory and others.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Due to the large number of applicants and the limited number of spaces available per period, applicants are strongly advised to note the following minimum eligibility criteria.
THE APPLICANT MUST
- Be willing to intern on a full time basis spending 6days a week.
2. Submit an application letter backed by a recommendation letter duly endorsed by any of the following Authorities from the Learning Institution:
- Dean of Students or dean of faculty
- Head of department
- Placement officer
Both documents shall be attached and addressed to the Matron of St. Elisabeth’s Catholic General Hospital, Shisong.
IF ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Applicants who have just completed their undergraduate studies and are not currently employed will also be considered.
- Upon arrival in the Hospital, the Interns will undergo an induction session about the mission, values, vision and Internal Regulations of the Hospital.
- Interns are not entitled to salaries; however, international interns may be offered lodging facilities by the Hospital. In this case, they are required to contribute financially for the maintenance of the house.
- The Interns do not pay the Hospital for their internship; however should they damage equipment at work or at the residence, they will compensate. of the institution and are not eligible to receive salaries and other privileges that employees are entitled to.
- Interns MUST fully abide by the Internal Rules and Regulations of the Institution
- Interns cannot represent the Hospital in official matters as employees and will not transact any formal or informal business on behalf of the Institution.
- Interns MUST give a notice of their intention to quit the institution if they decide to do so before their internship period elapses.
- Interns may be hired by the Institution based on satisfactory performance upon completion of their internship period. Such employment shall undergo the normal employment procedures—application, interview, etc.
- At the end of the internship, Interns will be required to write a report to the head of department, consisting of their activities, challenges and recommendations within the scope of their internship experience. A copy of the report shall be given to the Matron.
OBLIGATIONS TO INTERNS
- Interns will be allocated a work station with required necessary accessories that will facilitate their practical learning process.
- Interns will work under an assigned staff that will facilitate their acquisition of relevant skills.
- The Hospital will award interns an Attestation of Internship upon successful completion of the internship program. A sealed copy shall be sent to the Institution that sent the intern.
COLLABORATING INSTITUTIONS IN INTERNSHIP
In Cameroon, the following learning institutions collaborate in sending us interns: CUSS Yaounde, University of Dschang, University of Buea, Universite de la Montagne, Bangante; Bamenda University of Science and Technology (BUST); Polytechnic Bambui; Institute of Applied Medical Science; St. Louise Clinic, Bamenda; Mezam Polyclinic and of course, Catholic University of Cameroon (CATUC) and the Catholic School of Health Science, Shisong.
Abroad interns are received from various universities in the United States of America, England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Russia and Nigeria.